|"Courage is not the absence of fear. It is acting in spite of it." —Mark
“Courage is grace under pressure.”—Ernest Hemingway
How courageous are you?
• Like Sacagawea, would you leave your relatives and travel
thousands of miles through the wilderness to help strangers?
• Like Abbie and Rebecca Bates, would you be brave enough to
stand up to an entire army?
• Like Emily and Mary Edmonson, would you leave behind your
family and everyone you knew and loved for a chance to live free?
• Like Belle Boyd, would you risk going to prison, getting shot at,
possibly even getting killed, in order to save what you believe in?
• Like Minnie Freeman, would you risk freezing to death yourself
in order to save the lives of others?
The young women featured in this collection of short stories
possessed courage. They all lived during the 19th century. They
were all Americans.
Courage is the ability to do things which one finds frightening.
Courage is also the ability to confront pain or uncertainty and to do
the right thing in difficult circumstances.
Branden Publishing Company
ISBN 9780828324632 Paperback
ISBN 9780828324649 E-Book
Available from Amazon